Friday, March 5, 2021

Meeting with teacher!

Today in class I got the chance to speak individually with Mrs. Stoklosa to discuss my project. She seems to be really like my idea so far which makes me happy :D


I asked her a similar question that I asked in my previous group meeting, regarding the structure of the docuseries and any suggestions on how I should go about it. She reminded me that I have to make a detailed plan for at least five episodes of this docuseries, which is definitely the part that is giving me the most trouble. I brought up my plan to focus on one person per episode, since the people that make up the organization all have different stories and viewpoints to share regarding the founding of BLMWeston and their first-hand experiences with racism in our community. Mrs. Stoklosa told me this idea could work, and that I would just have to make the episodes of my docuseries short, like under 20 minutes. She also reminded me that I have to take into account whether I'll be able to film these interviews in person if they will have to be virtual. 


These are definitely things I will discuss in my Zoom meeting with the members which I have scheduled for this Sunday... I'll keep you posted on how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

The docuseries, Fighting for Change, aims to educate audiences about the racial injustice faced by local communities and the steps that can ...