Friday, March 19, 2021

Finally Filming

I met up with my two interviewees at the library park and got the interviews done in less than 2 hours :0 



Olivia and Lexi were the only members who were able to show up, since Anya is still sick unfortunately :( They suggested I reach out to another prominent member of BLMWeston, but I never got a reply after I texted her individually. So at this point, I think my best bet is to wait until next week where Anya will hopefully be well again. Because after filming Lexi and Olivia’s interviews, I realized that I definitely do need at least one other person/perspective to make the documentary complete. 


Besides that, we filmed in the gazebo and got awesome natural light! The process went very smoothly and we just tackled the questions in order. It was a bit annoying to attempt to control all the background noise, as we had to wait for planes and loud cars to pass so they wouldn’t be heard in the shot. There was also these large, dry leaves where I had the interviewees sitting which kept being blown by the wind, so I ending up moving all of them to a grassy area where they wouldn’t bother us. The shots look super good, and the interviewees did an excellent job answering each question. Even though I feel I’m missing one more interview, I definitely still have a lot to work with which is great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

The docuseries, Fighting for Change, aims to educate audiences about the racial injustice faced by local communities and the steps that can ...