Thursday, April 2, 2020

I Am A Screenwriter.

Title says it all. I have completed my screenplay for my new opening. Coronacation has done me well.

Also side note the name of my main character is officially Krystal, with a K for added quirkiness since that’s what the kids like nowadays. 🤪

I focused more on introducing Krystal’s character through the short monologue she says when recording her YouTube video, and then having that brief conversation with the man off-screen to not reveal too much but still allude to the conflict. Personally, I am quite the improviser when it comes to these film projects - I will NEVER disrespect my planning and this phenomenal blog, but many of my good ideas are come up with on the spot. Especially dialogue. So this screenplay is subject to change of course, but I think about 70% is pretty solid with my vision. This will also aid my brother (I hope) who has officially agreed to voice act from his apartment in Seattle, Washington. I feel splendid right now. 



It may seem slightly short, but I want most of my opening to include pauses and uncomfortable silences to increase the tension as well as the overall uneasy tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

The docuseries, Fighting for Change, aims to educate audiences about the racial injustice faced by local communities and the steps that can ...