Tuesday, March 31, 2020

It’s Coming Together

I had an online meeting with Mrs. Stoklosa today and her insight on my project gave me the reassurance I desperately needed. She actually even told me that she thinks my new idea is much better than my old idea, it made me 😁.

Under her suggestion, I have decided that I am going to not fully portray the concept that she is being held captive in my opening as I had planned. I will still have a man off-screen demean her while she is recording her YouTube video, but I will leave his identity and the whole situation she is in more ambiguous than I had planned. The man behind the camera could be a boyfriend, a family member, her father, etc. - I want to leave most of it to the audience’s interpretation. This makes the storyline much more realistic than going full-blown Room on this poor internet personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

The docuseries, Fighting for Change, aims to educate audiences about the racial injustice faced by local communities and the steps that can ...