Saturday, March 7, 2020

Time to Party Hardy

I’m just kidding it’s actually prop time.

While discussing my opening with Mrs. Stoklosa the other day, she assured me that my opening was very doable and would be fun to film. Alas, she was right. I essentially just have to plan a house party.

Order of Business: Drinks

The most crucial aspect of the party scene is also the simplest. The red solo cups.
She’s such an icon. A staple in American culture. This prop will really allow me to set the mood of the scene due to the extreme association it has with house parties. I might incorporate some beverages (non-alcoholic of course because we are children) to completely immerse the audience into the scene and add on to the realism. Take a shot every time I’ve said the word realism in this blog yikes; but it truly is important in order to display the conventions of the drama genre.

Let’s Get Lit

Another neat detail I can add to the room would be an LED rotating disco ball, which are sold on amazon for a reasonable price. The lights would contribute to the subtle dream-like feel of the scene, and give me some really beautiful shots:


Last but not least:
For the hospital scene, I did an extensive google search on images of comatose patients. I concluded I will only need an oxygen mask, which I already have in my house, along with white surgical tape to place on the hands of the protagonist where the IVs are supposed to go. The white surgical type can easily be purchased at any pharmacy store, but for the tubes of the IVs, I will investigate if the doctor's/hospital room I am filming in has any thin tubes I can use just in case I cannot find any in my house.

Image result for coma patients

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

The docuseries, Fighting for Change, aims to educate audiences about the racial injustice faced by local communities and the steps that can ...