Saturday, March 21, 2020

A Partial Brainstorm Sesh

With all this glorious free time COVID-19 has provided, you would think I would have developed a greater sense of direction for my new film opening, but I in fact have not. However, I will inform you of the options I have in front of me while I am in self-isolation.

In terms of the cast, I could use:

  • My parents
  • My sister
  • Myself 🤭

Or, I could choose to create a film opening with no actual people in it as Mrs. Stoklosa mentioned to us in our online meeting, such as the opening to the movie Se7en (1995). Even if I cannot create an elaborate mise-en-scene or find enough interesting props in my house to pull this off, I realized that many opening sequences without people tend to have flashy and alluring credits. I will definitely experiment with this concept in order to make the most out of my resources.

For the setting, I shockingly only have:

  • My house
  • My large backyard
  • Sidewalks in my neighborhood

I am envisioning using outside settings if I opt to go with the people route, as I feel it would be more visually appealing, but of course it depends on the story. It's all about the story. By the end of next week I plan to have my new idea all mapped out and hopefully begin filming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

The docuseries, Fighting for Change, aims to educate audiences about the racial injustice faced by local communities and the steps that can ...