Friday, April 16, 2021

Final thoughts before I go :’)))

What a ride this has been. I can say that I successfully created a docuseries during a pandemic. Although time consuming and incredibly stressful for my senioritis self, I can say that I am very content with all components of my project. I love how the aesthetics of the Instagram page and magazine article turned out. I learned that a microphone really makes your life so much easier, since I did not have one and had to resort to correcting the audio in post-production. Anyone reading this, please invest in a microphone. I found out that the real work of a documentary is trying to keep the engagement of the audience, so I spent much of time desperately looking for any b-roll or photos I could use. I discovered the severe headaches that editing for days on end can cause. I recognized that Canva is one of the best applications ever created. I realized the importance of communication with your interviewees and sticking to your schedule. Overall, I feel accomplished and I hope my project can touch or inspire other people.


This feels like the end of an era. I will really miss this class. I don't wanna get too emotional. Thank you for following me on this journey :')

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

The docuseries, Fighting for Change, aims to educate audiences about the racial injustice faced by local communities and the steps that can ...