Sunday, March 7, 2021

Zooooooooming

I just got out of my Zoom meeting with Anya and Olivia, the founders/leaders of the BLMWeston organization. I told them the basic concept of my docuseries, and they informed they were comfortable sharing really anything about their personal experiences relating to the organization. After some discussion, instead of having the portion of the doc I'm filming center on one person and their specific story, we decided to make the doc focus on the student-led protest they held in June and the stress and backlash that ensued after. A reason we came to this decision is because the protest is definitely the most important and impactful event that their organization held, and there is just so much to discuss leading up to it, along with the effects it had on our overall community.


One of the founders is unfortunately sick with COVID and has to be quarantined for about another week, which will slightly delay my schedule by a week. I don't think this will be much of a detriment to me, since I feel like next week would be a great time to devise the final outline and location scout for appropriate interviewing places. Besides this, the meeting went extremely well and I look forward to see this all come together.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

The docuseries, Fighting for Change, aims to educate audiences about the racial injustice faced by local communities and the steps that can ...