Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Finally! Editing!

As per the title I began editing today! To be blunt, this is the part of the process I enjoy the least, since I am extremely meticulous about every single little detail. This sounds like a positive quality an editor would have, but for me it makes the process much longer and tiresome than it needs to be. However, once I sit down in front of that computer, it’s grind time baby!! I was able to edit the first scene of Krystal getting ready in the bathroom. My brother has already messaged me videos of him saying his lines via WhatsApp so I will work to insert them smoothly once I begin editing the second half of the opening.

Here is a picture of my timeline so far:


Changes :0

I am probably going to omit Krystal’s monologue in the beginning where she is speaking directly to the camera, about to review a makeup product. My sister is not gonna be content with this decision because of the sheer hard labor we both went through whilst re-filming it 87 times. But I had an enlightenment and realized:

  • It does not flow well with the rest of the clips
  • It is pretty dang cheesy
  • It is unnecessary  
  • I will probably just transition into the second scene with a sound bridge of her voice pleading to the male off-screen
I feel this augments the mystery even more, since we don’t have an awkward monologue of Krystal saying hEy gUys wELcOmE bAcK tO mY yOuTuBe ChAnNeL in the midst of all the drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

The docuseries, Fighting for Change, aims to educate audiences about the racial injustice faced by local communities and the steps that can ...