Thursday, March 19, 2020

Distribution

The method of distribution I utilize for my film is crucial in order to gain exposure and reach the desired audience. Since I am a small independent filmmaker, I must put forth extra effort to gain recognition since my options are rather limited. Local film festivals are a realistic choice due to the ease of access I would have to them. I discovered some in South Florida such as, Outshine Film Festival, Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival, and Miami International Film Festival. I would use this website to submit my films to these festivals at a reasonable cost.

Additionally, I would take advantage of platforms such as Vimeo, a common website aspiring filmmakers utilize to post their work. YouTube would also be used since it also a free watch site and can reach a wider range of people.

These social platforms would greatly assist in reaching my broad target audience since over 90% of 18-44 year old American internet users watch videos on YouTube. I could also post the links to the sites on other social media sites such as Instagram and Twitter.

Sources:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/296227/us-youtube-reach-age-gender/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

The docuseries, Fighting for Change, aims to educate audiences about the racial injustice faced by local communities and the steps that can ...