Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Comas 101

A coma is a state of prolonged unconsciousness that leaves a person unresponsive to any outside stimuli. There is no “normal” experience for patients who have been under a coma, but many describe it as being one long dream.

This website detailed what several people who have been comatose remember about their experience. It mentioned how some patients are capable of hearing and processing auditory information. I took this as inspiration for my dream-sequence scene, and the sounds/dialogue that would be included in it.

Moreover, I would like to have the protagonist get a phone call while she is at the party, so the beeping of the cell phone emulates the beeping of the heart-rate monitor that would be next to her hospital bed in real life. Also, I was thinking perhaps any of the dialogue said to her by her friends in the party could mirror dialogue said by the doctors who are hovering over her comatose body in the hospital bed.

I actually came up with a name for my film too! I chose the word Reverie since it means “a state of dreamy meditation or fanciful musing”. Genius... I know, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

The docuseries, Fighting for Change, aims to educate audiences about the racial injustice faced by local communities and the steps that can ...