Monday, February 22, 2021

Me trying to find a clear structure for my doc

I knew from the start of this project that I wanted to make a documentary about the on the BLM movement and the perspective of some individuals in my community regarding racism, but there’s a lot of directions I could take with this.

Here is what I know for sure:

I will be working closely with a local organization by the name of BLMWeston to find interviewees for my docuseries. It’s a student-led organization that was made by Black students from my high school, and I know a lot of them have a great perspective to share on the BLM movement and how it has affected our community.

What I don’t know:

Everything else.

Should I focus more on this local organization was founded, or on the interviewees’ personal experiences with racism? Of course this is all dependent on the interviewees level of comfort, since racism is a very sensitive topic. But in terms of the entire docuseries, I think the most probable structure would be to focus on one person per episode, and the personal story/perspective each individual has to tell. IDK. I’m thinking out loud :0 

I think we’re having a group meeting in class this week, so I’ll definitely discuss these concerns with my classmates and see what they think. Keep you updated ;)


Logging off. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

The docuseries, Fighting for Change, aims to educate audiences about the racial injustice faced by local communities and the steps that can ...