Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Pandemic! At The Disco

What a year this week has been.

Due to the ongoing situation with the coronavirus, my project has encountered various challenges. Since we are highly advised to practice self-isolation, I am unable to meet up with my cast to film this week, which was when I had originally planned to film the party scene. Additionally, the CDC announced yesterday that "all U.S. events of 10+ people should be cancelled", so it would be irresponsible to gather a large group of 20+ people to film my project.

In my household personally, I live with an elder who is at a higher risk for the virus, so I truly cannot leave my neighborhood at all under any circumstances.

To make my life even more difficult, the fake doctor's office I was going to utilize for the hospital scene was going to be filmed at my sister's medical school, which has been closed for the rest of the spring semester as they are conducting the rest of their classes online.

Of course there is large uncertainty concerning this matter with new information being released by the news outlets each day. It is extremely unfortunate I am not able to film currently, especially since I already ordered my rotating disco ball from Amazon :(

As of now, I plan to adjust my schedule this week into researching more information for my CCR.

I would upload a picture of the coronavirus but I think she's gotten enough attention this week.

Sources:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/large-events/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

The docuseries, Fighting for Change, aims to educate audiences about the racial injustice faced by local communities and the steps that can ...