Thursday, February 20, 2020

Outline-ish

Thousands of tears later, I have come up with a solid idea for my film opening. Mrs. Stoklosa advised us to envision the whole plot of the film, not just the opening, so I came up with a super general vision for the entire story.

Generally:
It will revolve around a girl who discovers she’s been living a in a coma fantasy for over a year. She has to figure out how to wake up before she’s taken off life support. It will establish the background mostly.

Specifically:
My opening would consist of the girl in a dream-like sequence, most likely the girl would be at party having the absolute time of her life. The audience would believe they are watching a standard opening of teenagers making poor choices until the very end. I want to give subtle hints that she’s in that fantasy state, primarily through the use of bright lighting and slow-motion. The scene would then cut to her in the hospital bed in an unconscious state, with doctors peering over her discussing removing her from life support.

TBD:
• The title of the film
• Do I want to use copyrighted music during the party scene? Or can I just utilize a random house song to get the same effect?
• How much dialogue do I need to incorporate in order to make the story line clear?

Most importantly:
• Will my vision be able to be pulled of in 2 minutes?

I sure hope so. *dot dot dot*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection Essay

The docuseries, Fighting for Change, aims to educate audiences about the racial injustice faced by local communities and the steps that can ...